Sunday, November 14, 2010

12012 Live Report and Photos



After seeing what is probably 12012’s last live show in America, I truly regret having never paid much attention to this band. I remember listening to them a few years ago and then simply losing track of their releases…I didn’t realize at the time that their songs were right up my alley.

The members of 12012 had incredible showmanship and an aggressive set list that shattered all of my doubts about this band. I believe the AUSA mc expressed my feelings perfectly when he said that the band would “rip your faces off."

To be honest, maybe it was the smile that actually ripped my face off when I realized that 12012 had a GazettE flair to their sound, at least when it came to heavy rhythm songs. Hardcore fans might disagree with me in that department but I’m more than willing to bet that most 12012 fans at least like GazettE.

Fortunately I was able to get access to take photos at the show and I did get some great shots although time was limited.





6 comments:

  1. 12012 are one of the few bands that I have consistently listened too for years. While they lightened up their style quite a bit in recent years, I still have found them to be very enjoyable to listen to. I never really came to begrudge them for losing their darker heavier style because they are still distinguishable and generally produce good quality songs.

    Thanks for the coverage. Can you clarify the "last show in America" comment? I know a member is leaving/has left them. I still hope they continue activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I should have made that clearer =P

    I think the whole community is assuming that 12012 might disband, at least according to that whole "Yuusuke is leaving" announcement.

    Here's what it says:

    "However, concerning 12012, any further decisions on how and if Miyawaki Wataru, Sakai Hiroaki, Enya Tomoyuki and Kawauchi Toru will be working as a four-piece group has not brought down to a conclusion as of yet."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playlist available? I went to Japan to see them this April (on Easter Sunday no less)... it was an awesome show. Being able to understand the mc's must be a bonus. :)

    And I hope they don't disband (although if I'm not mistaken isn't Yuusuke the leader). They were the first j-rock band I heard. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following them for a few years and I had the pleasure of seeing them live the first time they stepped foot on U.S. soil. I'm glad they haven't lost their energy and presence on stage. I actually tried to make it there this time around. haha

    Nonetheless, I hope they don't disband either. They're a great band and there's other jrock bands that have lost their leaders and moved on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaa I envy you so much. I´d have loved to be there T_T But The VISA is so hard to get it xD jajajajaja

    Aaaa, I hope they don´t disband. They are really great. So I hope they are still togheter like a bnad n.n

    Thanks for the pictures n.n Thanks to share these n.n These are so pretty n.n
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kelly
    Thank you!
    Feel free to link this post to your 12012 blog if you want.

    ReplyDelete