Thursday, November 18, 2010

Introducing...No Fret Fridays

“We are here to make a sound. Maybe this sound is one we first heard someone else make, a sound that spoke to us or moved us in some profound way. Every guitar player has a story like this to tell.” –Philip Toshio Sudo

I was inspired by jrock to do many things, and naturally, becoming somewhat of a musician was one of them. An ESP LTD-250 has been my best friend for five years now and even though I’m not the most skilled guitarist, I’m very passionate about playing my favorite songs. I went from playing MALICE MIZER’s BEAST OF BLOOD to GazettE’s Reila, learning any song I loved. After what seems like a long time, I still find learning new songs enjoyable, even if they’re not mine (although I occasionally cry over never being able to master anything written by Hizaki).

Now why am I getting all anecdotal on you people?

For one, I know that many jrock fans are also musicians, but few sites and communities seem to acknowledge it. It seems like Jrock Tabs was about the only popular community I could find.

Because of my interest and the interest of other fans, I wanted to make guitar a significant part of my blog.

And here we have it. What I like to call “No Fret Fridays.”

Every Friday I’ll be posting something related to both jrock and playing guitar. Just to give a preview, next week I’ll be posting the commentary translations from GazettE’s NIL bandscore.

Aside from translations, I’m planning on highlighting signature guitar techniques that bands use, best songs for beginners to learn, and maybe even sparking a little bit of debate.

Comment if you have suggestions and happy No Fret Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment