Friday, December 10, 2010

NIL Uruha Bandscore Translations Part 2



D.L.N


The main guitar is acoustic, but there is also an electric nuance. The electric guitar adds a bright interlude to the chorus because it is essential in expressing the emotion in the song. I think for all of the acoustic arpeggios, you should take care to make your backing strokes subtle. I’m assuming he’s referring to upward picking as opposed to downward

SHADOW VI II I

This song is in D tuning, but only the sixth string is tuned down a whole step because it relieves tension. The riff in the intro was recorded an octave down but I think using the octave compactor (pitch shifter) during lives comes close to that. Playing with a fighting spirit is the number one thing I want to point out.

Baretta

I put my soul into playing the guitar solo, so playing this song live with the band is something that I genuinely enjoy.I didn't elaborate on the sound in particular, so just go from one mood.

Cassis

This song is reminiscent of snow falling in the winter cold but during the chorus, there comes an image of something warm. I wanted to try to make the solo sound like a cry of love so I used my guitar with a whammy bar.

SILLY GOD DISCO


At first glance, the melody is definitely a dance number. However, surprisingly there is a rock phrase that goes into it and I wanted the entire rock feeling to complete the song. Because of the backing sample tones in the song and the fact that I don’t use distortion, I think this song is relatively easy to play.

DISCHARGE

This song has a sense of speed is life. Because it’s expected to be played at 100% live, I had to get over playing it without getting tired. Needless to say, the song is like some heinous sport (laughs).

Taion

This is really a downer song. The delay feedback in the A melody is in a place where it’s really quite subtle. The scratching noises made with the pick in the beginning and during the solo are like a cry, and I played it using different kinds of metals to create that nuance. Something about metal stumped me in this sentence… I think he used different metal materials as picks. I recorded the solo an octave lower so please copy that using a pitch shifter. He uses the term octaver instead of octave, so I think he’s referring to that sort of effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment